Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Slusser Gary Slusser is offline

Default Softened water on plants

On Sep 9, 1:03 pm, wrote:
On Sep 9, 10:43 am, Kurt Ullman wrote:

How do the osmosis or Kinetico-type softeners fit into this scenario?

Kineticos are great softeners and have a large and loyal customer
base. They are "ion exchange" softeners and follow the same rules of
chemistry and physica as ALL other ion exchange softeners.

A French company recently bought Kinetico and when compared to the
number of dealers of other national and international companies, they
are a small company.

They use a water powered control valve that usually requires a
sediment pre-filter and contacting the local dealer to do a simple
thing like changing the amount of hardness setting. They allow full
line water pressure on the brine line at all times except during the
refill and brine draw cycle positions of a regeneration; that means at
all times except during a regeneration.

On average they are very high priced for what you get. They are
difficult to work on and you can only buy parts from the local dealer.

If I'm wrong on any of that, someone please correct me.

Gary Slusser
Quality Water Associates