Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Softened water on plants

When our house was built, it was plumbed in such a way that we can't
add a water softener w/o also putting softened water through the outside
faucets. I am getting conflicting information on whether or not this is
a good idea from the standpoint of watering flowers, etc. The main
sprinklers for the grass are in-ground and between the meter and the
house, so they aren't impacted. It would mainly be watering the flowers
in the planters around the house and one small grassy area that the
in-ground sprinklers don't get to.
So, comments? Also, we would use the outside faucets (spigots,
whatever) to put water in the pool when opening and occassionally during
the rest of the season.