Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seenso far ?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
Distant cousin of SWMBO was found dead in his workshop a couple of years
ago, and police originally treated it as suspicious. However, it emerged
that he'd disabled a safety feature on his industrial-grade circular saw -
I don't know the details but I think he somehow got impaled on a length of
wood he was cutting and bled to death before being able to summon help.

That bring sup another point. My workshop is in a detached garage. I
usually work by myself, but I always take either the portable phone or my
cell phone.

My shop is detached, but that doesn't make any difference since I'm
single. I pretty much always have my cell phone with me, but since I'm
always working alone, I pay that much more attention to safety details.
I still never use the silly guard on my table saw, but I always wear
safety glasses, stand to the side out of the path of any kickback, and
use a pusher stick.