Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seenso far ?

Gunner wrote:

Arriving at the church..Im greeted by a badly shocked pastor and
staff..all looking a bit green. I had to back out the drill bit and
unwind the hair and about 1/3 of his total scalp. I quickly put it on
ice and ran it down to the hospital, where they managed to reattach
it, about 45 minutes after the accident. Most..most of it managed to
reattach but not all of it and they later had to use maggots to
debride the dead tissue.

Wrapped up his head with a handful of maggots under gauze, chewing
away the dead tissues. He said it tickled.

Isn't it amazing how well those maggots work? Nothing in "modern"
medicine that can match them.