Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

In article ,
Bill writes:
In message , Edwin
Pawlowski writes

That bring sup another point. My workshop is in a detached garage. I
usually work by myself, but I always take either the portable phone or my
cell phone.

So when you are knocked unconscious either by a blow or by shock you can
phone for help?

May be better to rig up a timed loan worker system that sends an alarm,
i.e. if you don't reset it at a predetermined time it will alarm. The
timing could depend on the severity of the expected injuries.

It would be relatively easy to program a zone on my alarm such
that no movement for a period (perhaps a minute) would trigger
an alarm. Could be 2-stage such that you get a reminder chime
first, and after another period the alarm is triggered. This
mode could be automatically entered when switching on the power
circuit feeding tools (and could switch circuit off when it
generates the alarm). This is similar to the programming for
"home safe" operation, i.e. generate alarm if kids haven't
arrived home from school by 6pm, or if an elderly resident
hasn't come out of their bedroom by 9am.

--
Andrew Gabriel