Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Dave Gordon Dave Gordon is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
"Warning: Do not use lawn mower as a hedge trimmer. Do not use lawn mower
while intoxicated, asleep, or moronic."

--
.
Christopher A. Young
"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
:
: When I was in school in the early 80's, I had a friend who had a
: job entering consumer product lawsuits into a database that was
: to be used as part of a research project. It was amazing reading
: some of these lawsuit summaries. Using a lawnmower as a hedge
: trimmer is actually a fairly common thing. A few beers beforehand
: always seems to make it look like a better idea. In the case
: that I read, the person got hurt badly. He sued the lawnmower
: manufacture and won some big money. The court ruled that the
: company was at fault because they didn't have any labels on the
: mower or any text in the owners manual that specifically said
: to not do that. That was said as if someone dumb enough to do
: such a thing would either read the manual or take the advice
: of a warning label.
:
: -john-

How big would the manual have to be to tell that retard all the things he should not use his lawnmower
for.
"Do not cut your finger nails with this device"
"Do not cut your hair with this device"
"This is not an extractor fan"