Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote

In the flaming roof department. There is an ammusement park not far from
me,
that lost the hundred year old carousel (merry go round). Couple of
roofers
decided to warm up the tar on the roof with a torch, and it caught fire.
They used an extinguisher or two, and the park is literally across the
street from the volunteer FD.

There is a park near me that had (notice: had) a historic mansion that
was used as the county park system headquarters. Beautiful. They were
in the final stages of restoring it when some construction worker decided
to ignore the rules laid down in the contract and use a torch in the attic.

If I knew who it was I'd find him and strangle him with my bare hands.

nancy