Charles A. Sherwood

Default Grinding wheels for HSS

In article ,
Machineman wrote:
The best wheel would be a Borazon plated or resin bond similar to a
diamond wheel. But these are kind of pricey.

I have not found any plate mounted wheels other than green or basic AO.
I would gladly pay for a hi tech abrasive wheel, like a 5SG, if
I could find one.

invest in a cheap 8" bench grinder and put a couple of toolroom
wheels on it to rough out the toolbits first before you finish the
angles on the baldor.

Interesting idea. I am not real good at free hand grinding toolbits
which is why I spent the bucks on the baldor. Of course I use the
baldor to rough out the toolbits before finishing them on the glendo!
Yes I need another tool. 8 inch grinder for me! thanks

chuck