Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:36:12 -0700, Jane & David
wrote:

In article tPBEi.2171$Ot1.929@trnddc07,
"newman" wrote:

friend of mine was on tractor and his wife, who had long hair, was behind
guiding post-hole digger. her hair got wrapped around mechanism and
partially tore out part of her scalp.

Whoa, that made my remaining hair stand up. Several years ago, I was
doing a long rip with a circular saw and noticed that a few long hairs
were bouncing off the blade. Only a few hairs had come untied and none
got caught by the blade, but it scared the **** out of me and so that
was the last day I ever had long hair (not that I could anyway lately).

PDX David

When I was running an alarm company..had a long haired installer
running a bell hanger bit straight up through the ceiling of a church,
from the top of a 12' ladder.

If course it was a dull bit and he started hugging the drill motor to
push up harder...

Hair got spun around the drill bit. Rather than calling for
help....he paniced and either jumped or fell off the top of the
ladder.

I got a call from his wife at the hospital telling me he was there
being treated and would I please gather up his tool?

Arriving at the church..Im greeted by a badly shocked pastor and
staff..all looking a bit green. I had to back out the drill bit and
unwind the hair and about 1/3 of his total scalp. I quickly put it on
ice and ran it down to the hospital, where they managed to reattach
it, about 45 minutes after the accident. Most..most of it managed to
reattach but not all of it and they later had to use maggots to
debride the dead tissue.

Wrapped up his head with a handful of maggots under gauze, chewing
away the dead tissues. He said it tickled.

Shrug

Gunner