Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
ron ron is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

Everyone I know always pokes fun at me for my attention to detail and
safety. Stupid accidents will never happen to me.

That is until one night when I had a rush job, doing something I had done a
hundered times. I was too tired to be out in my shop and was too stressed
from a rough day at work. I was doing repetitive cuts on a project and I ran
my left hand over my table saw blade.

As I said I was too tired, I failed to reset the blade height and for the
first time that I can remember, I did not use a push stick.

I cut my middle finger just where it attached to my hand, severed my index
finger and my thumb right at the knuckle.

It was about a thirty minute ride to the emergency room, with my finger in a
bag of ice, and then another fourty five minute ambulance ride to St. Lukes
Hospital in Houston.

The finger and thumb were reattached and are mostly useable. They do serve
as constant reminders to never take any tools for granted.

Oh by the way, I do still jump a little when I hear my table saw start.