Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

In message . com, RickH
writes
On Sep 8, 7:27 pm, RickH wrote:
On Sep 7, 11:52 pm, Ken wrote:

What have been the worst (serious or humorous) handyman or handywoman
accidents that you've experienced so far (or someone you know, or saw
it happen to, got to experience) and please elaborate on what
unfortunately went wrong.

December 4th 1994, I went on my roof to string Christmas lights and
clean the gutters. The weather ws OK, no snow, but by the time I was
done it had been snowing for about 20 minutes. The ladder was against
the eve gutter, only one story, and bottomn of ladder on the
driveway. When I put my weight on the ladder, ice had built up under
the ladder feet, I went down. My fall was broken mostly by my left
hand. As I pushed myself up off the driveway, I felt a burning
sensation on palm side of my wrist. I looked down and BOTH arm bones
were protruding from the wrist and the tendons had pulled my "no
longer attached" hand up my forearm a few inches. I was rushed to
hospital and the next day underwent a 12 hour reconstructive surgery
to reattach hand, reposition the nerves so they could grow again, and
tendons. It was paralized for about 4 months before the main nerves
began to talk again, and about 8 years to stop healing fully. Today I
have 85 percent of my normal range of motion.

The worst part is that I was a jass guitarist, and a damn good one. I
began playing guitar again in 2005 after 10 years, I've learned to
hold it differently to compensate, but now there is little time for
gigging as I have a family. I'm just grateful to play again.

Typo, I meant jazz guitarist (not jass).

No, really, you meant jizz

--
geoff