Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus10147 Ignoramus10147 is offline

Default Went to an auction today

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 18:24:19 -0700, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
I have seen many home machine shops decline in cleaniness as the owner
ages....which results in the machines running with an oil/dust/grit
slurry that ruins them.

I saw such a shop last week, it was a sad sight. I hope that they can
find a scrapper who will take that stuff for free. They wanted a lot
of money for these old, gritty machines. Some of what they were
solling was mildly valuable, but it was basically four generations
behind, not in a very usable shape.