Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default 8 bit PRSG for John Larkin - 8BITPRSG.EXE

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:06:02 -0700, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:59:44 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:24:35 -0400, PeteS
wrote:

John Fields wrote:

'8 bit pseudo-random sequence generator with no lockup state.
'Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.0
'07 September 2007

Dear $Deity, all is lost. Quickbasic?

Yup, hopelessly outdated. Real programmers use PowerBasic.

John

Make a visual basic equivalent in Excel spreadsheet OR Access database.

I like PowerBasic because it's a real compiler, and if I run it under
DOS I can access hardware directly. I can DIM an array AT a physical
address (which just happens to be, say, a VME bus), I can access PCI
module registers directly, I can type assembly inline, and I can run
useful FOR loops at 30 MHz.

VB still compiles to pseudocode, right?

John