Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
noreaster noreaster is offline

Default Taming of the Miter Saw

What if you cut out what gets in the way for angle cuts.
Make a new copy of what you just cut out but make the outside width ( the
straight cut) say 7" longer (or what you need), cut in slots to fasten to
what you have so now you can adjust the 2 pieces left or right depending on
the angle cut.
It should help with that. Bevels get more complicated.

"tdup2" wrote in message

"Gerald Ross" wrote in message
tdup2 wrote:
They said it couldn't be done. Well here are a few pictures to let you
know that 90 percent can be caught and held in the back of the saw. Top
comes down when the handle is lowered. The side pieces and cutouts are
1/4" plywood just glued with CA glue.

Does it still work with angled cuts?

No it does not. I guess I was having one of those dumb moments. I'm going
to take the middle wood pieces out and put in heavy material. If set back
far enough it should have no problem with turning or getting in the way of
the blade. The side pieces I will leave, they really help keeping the dust
in the box. The material I think will work fine and probably have a better
fit than the wood does.

Tim