Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default how to find which galvanized pipe to replace with copper

wrote:
just install PEX its cheap, very reliable and easy to work with.

we have half inch copper to our bathroom. if someone is showering and
flushes scald is result

so I am about to run new PEX both hot and cold from the hot water
heater.

a hundred feet of PEX is under 70 bucks. change it all it will be so
easy you can eventually replace all your galvanized lines

The OP may be in California which does not generally allow PEX. Seemingly,
PEX is made from whale blubber or DDT or might someday be made with either
of those materials or may leach noxious chemicals into the environment or
start a grass fire or somesuch.

Here's some background.
http://www.contractormag.com/article...cfm?newsid=555