Posted to alt.home.repair
newman newman is offline

Default fireplace gas logs

I am going to purchase some gas logs soon for my fireplace. These will
probably be the vented type.

My house was built in the 70s so the fireplace is somewhat larger than
today's fireplaces. It is 39" wide at the opening and 36" wide at the back
of the fireplace. It uses natural gas.

We have been using an older set of gas logs. These will be thrown away
(mostly cracked)-they were not a very good set.

Although it is now set up with galvanized pipe, I may want to reinstall the
gas piping.

I am looking for suggestions as to what kind of gas logs to purchase and
install and what to look for when installing these.

Thanks for suggestions.