Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 11:36:12 -0700, Jane & David
wrote:

In article tPBEi.2171$Ot1.929@trnddc07,
"newman" wrote:

friend of mine was on tractor and his wife, who had long hair, was behind
guiding post-hole digger. her hair got wrapped around mechanism and
partially tore out part of her scalp.

Whoa, that made my remaining hair stand up. Several years ago, I was
doing a long rip with a circular saw and noticed that a few long hairs
were bouncing off the blade. Only a few hairs had come untied and none
got caught by the blade, but it scared the **** out of me and so that
was the last day I ever had long hair (not that I could anyway lately).

PDX David

Second son was working under his pickup when I came home from yard
saleing with a mechanics creeper, so I told him "here try this" and
left for another area of town. All went well at first, his pony tail
well secured; then he had to move a little to one side. I don't know
the fine details, but about an hour latter he was out from under the
truck.
Now he has a 1/2' brush cut.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada