Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default how to find which galvanized pipe to replace with copper

wrote:
hello everyone! i need some advice/help on a small question. i can
not seem to find this specific step in any how to guides on the
net. i have low cold water pressure and weak flushing in my upstairs
bathroom. i know this is because of the old galvanized piping
leading up to the bathroom, my house is very old. i have found
articles on how to replace the piipes with copper and even how to
unclogg the old pipes. however, the step i am missing and i really
need is how do i know which piece of the galvanized piping to
replace. i don't have the money to replace all of the piping but i
saw on a old HGTV episode months ago where the host showed how to
replace galvanized piping with copper. he did something that showed
him which piece of pipe was the most coroded and needed replacing
to fix the problem. it was about a 12 inch or less piece. if anyone
could refer me to a web-site or could tell me themselves step by
step how to know where and which piece of the piping to replace i
would be very grateful.

I might know the answer but I'm not going to read a bunch of run
together lower case text to find out. If you can type what you did
you can also press the caps key when appropriate and the enter key to
put some white space between differing toughts or subjects.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it at