Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
John A. Weeks III John A. Weeks III is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My then Irish neighbour who called the fire brigade and the ambulance,
claimed that HE knew of a man who picked up a small rotary lawnmower by
the cutting deck in order to use it as a hedge trimmer.. ;-)

When I was in school in the early 80's, I had a friend who had a
job entering consumer product lawsuits into a database that was
to be used as part of a research project. It was amazing reading
some of these lawsuit summaries. Using a lawnmower as a hedge
trimmer is actually a fairly common thing. A few beers beforehand
always seems to make it look like a better idea. In the case
that I read, the person got hurt badly. He sued the lawnmower
manufacture and won some big money. The court ruled that the
company was at fault because they didn't have any labels on the
mower or any text in the owners manual that specifically said
to not do that. That was said as if someone dumb enough to do
such a thing would either read the manual or take the advice
of a warning label.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications