Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Phred Phred is offline

Default Gophers ....... grrrrrrr ..............

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 16:17:15 -0700, Too_Many_Tools
scribed:

On Aug 8, 4:06 pm, clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 09:04:31 -0500, Wayne Cook
wrote:

On 8 Aug 2007 03:03:34 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:47:06 -0600, SteveB wrote:

I'm going to use piezo electric, but different than the ones that click one
time with one push. A friend of mine has a Coleman barbecue, of all brands.
The clicker will click for as long as you hold the button down.

Once you get one, please explain how that works. With what I know of
piezo-electric transducers, that is impossible, but I would it find it
immensely useful to be wrong in this instance.

There is a piezo sparker for striking torches that puts out more
than one spark per squeeze. It has some sort of ratcheting action that
causes the crystal to be repeatedly hit as you squeeze the handle.

But even it has a limit.
How about a rotary piezo igniter like on a BroilKing BBQ?

How about using one of those electric igniters that they use for model
rockets?

You can even have the kids count down and push the "launch" button.

TMT

Good idea! Keep away from danger and a family fun time!

If there is enough juice in the tunnels, maybe launch one of them dang
Gophers into orbit... Dinna know if that qualifies for the X-Prize,
but would look damn good on anyone's resume ;-)

Hmm... Getting visions of the Roadrunner/Coyote cartoons...

Cheers,

Phred