Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
skidog skidog is offline

Default Which Bowl Gouge To Buy?

Thanks for all the great replies,
I'm mainly turning small bowls using exotic hardwoods and find that my
carbon steel tools dull quickly. It's time to add quality tools to the
workshop that will stay sharp and get the job done quicker. When I asked
about tools that were a good value, I was referring to reliable, high
quality tools that weren't charging an extra $20 for name recognition. I
will most probably by a handled tool this time around but will be looking at
Packard Tools in my next upgrade. Thanks again...Joel
"skidog" skidog@snownews wrote in message
I'm considering purchasing a bowl gouge from Woodcraft. I figure the
gouge should have a bar diameter of at least 1/2". I can only afford one
bowl gouge at this time and I'm stuck between a 3/8" or 1/2". I'm
currently working on a Delta Midi and not turning large pieces. Which of
the following manufacturers is the best value for the dollar: Pinnacle,
Sorby, Ellsworth Signature or Crown Pro PM? Thanks in advance....Joel