Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate Darrell Feltmate is offline

Default Which Bowl Gouge To Buy?

Why a bowl gouge? I really like my Oland tools to the point where I hardly
ever use a bowl gouge anymore, (for the last 6 or 7 years). For under $10.00
you can make one or two Olands and away you go.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

"skidog" skidog@snownews wrote in message
I'm considering purchasing a bowl gouge from Woodcraft. I figure the
gouge should have a bar diameter of at least 1/2". I can only afford one
bowl gouge at this time and I'm stuck between a 3/8" or 1/2". I'm
currently working on a Delta Midi and not turning large pieces. Which of
the following manufacturers is the best value for the dollar: Pinnacle,
Sorby, Ellsworth Signature or Crown Pro PM? Thanks in advance....Joel