Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default help - loading trouble on video recorder

"Roderick Stewart" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Ivan wrote:
Sony will invent their own incompatible version of the same thing, then
smaller one that needs an adaptor, and so on.

So Rod it would appear that apart from cost technically there is
absolutely
no reason why the SD card couldn't be king in the PVR world.

No practical reason at all as far as I can see. SD cards with capacities
of

Your new home sales in our home see why are you or are you so you CEDIA by
the by line or year's work or home And is that to the you know who or where
are you know how the mass on the are you why 4GB (and rising) are readily
available now, and the more we buy, the cheaper
they will become. The more people use them, the more gadgets and adaptors
will
be produced to handle them. It all depends on what people want.

Yes I was thinking that something along the lines of a 4 GB SD card becoming
the equivalent of a much higher quality VHS 4 hour tape, but with some kind
of LP option for maybe 8 hours of standard VHS quality. Are you why are you

It would be a simple matter of an onscreen menu asking if the user would
like to transfer program/s to card.. So all it needs now then is for
Topfield and Humax to get their heads together and incorporate an optional
standardised card slot on their new models, I couldn't see it adding much
more than a tenner in the way of additional hardware.

Rod.