BigWallop

Default RCCB not tripping when test button pushed

"James W" wrote in message
om...
Quick pressing and releasing of the test button may not make it

trip,
try
holding it in for a few seconds, a count of ten, to see what

happens.

Yep, tried this, that didn't work.

If
it
doesn't trip after that, then you do have a fault on either RCCB or

in
the
configuration of the connections.

Well, it did trip when first installed, so I "presume" the
configuration is OK. I opened it up today to check the little wire
coming out of it was connected to earth and indeed it was. Im
presuming (doing that too much these days) that my earth is OK, as the
socket tester Im using says earth is OK.

Is there anything else I can try? Or some test to prove for sure it is
the actual RCCBO that is knackered?

If all the connections are made correctly and it still isn't tripping out on
the test button, then it's knackered. It is a safety device which should
work correctly to its job right, so I wouldn't take a chance with it.
Replace it for your own sake.

You need expensive kit to test these properly, so to find buy something like
this for one job is not worth it. The simple tests you have already carried
out on it prove that it is not doing what it says on the tin, so it's
knackered and needs replaced.