Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Need tips on single point threading

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 09:59:08 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Leon Fisk wrote:

That sounds simple enough Wes, rather than re-inventing the
wheel how about some pictures of it when you get a minute.

It sounds like it would be useful to have around for various
tasks.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...icator_vga.jpg

Lost part of it so
http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...se_closeup.jpg

Those partial threads are because I took my first pass and realized the last
user of the lathe hand screwed the compound full forward and jamned it to
take out play in the screw. When I cranked it back and reset over first
pass that made the point where the indicator would hit 12 o'clock some
distance back.

I had no problem stopping and pulling out 0.005 inch travel.

I have a base of my own roughed out, need to pick up some magnets and epoxy
tomorrow.

Thanks Wes.

I'll probably end up making something for myself and it is
always nice to see what others have thought up first. I
usually end up with something slightly different, a
combination of the easiest/best ideas and some of my own
input.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b