Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Need tips on single point threading

Leon Fisk wrote:

That sounds simple enough Wes, rather than re-inventing the
wheel how about some pictures of it when you get a minute.

It sounds like it would be useful to have around for various
tasks.

http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...icator_vga.jpg

Lost part of it so
http://wess.freeshell.org/usenet/rec...se_closeup.jpg

Those partial threads are because I took my first pass and realized the last
user of the lathe hand screwed the compound full forward and jamned it to
take out play in the screw. When I cranked it back and reset over first
pass that made the point where the indicator would hit 12 o'clock some
distance back.

I had no problem stopping and pulling out 0.005 inch travel.

I have a base of my own roughed out, need to pick up some magnets and epoxy
tomorrow.

Wes