Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Strength of different hardwoods

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 136...
"Leon" wrote in
t:

snip
Its all about proper construction technique. Wood strength tends to
be important but not as much as you would think considering the fact
that Water Beds are held up by Pine sticks stapled together.

No, not really. They're held up by particle boards standing on edge under
plywood sheeting, covered with plastic. All holding about 3 tons of
water.
;-0

Oh you must be familiar with the New style beds. LOL... the one that I
have helped my sister-in-law move countless times and for the last I hope
was built in the early 70's. The lower section has 6 drawers on each side
stacked 2 high and is all pine. There is a particle board platform on top
of that.