Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Marky P Marky P is offline

Default help - loading trouble on video recorder

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:23:37 +0100, OldBill
wrote:

bugbear wrote:
Two nights ago my VCR refused to play a tape;
the tape was already in, and had been recorded

Its last century's electro-mechanical technology. Dump it and get
something modern.
Skip DVD recorders which are last year's gadgets and get a harddisk
recorder. You'll be amazed at the difference in functionality.
Can you still get VHS tapes anywhere except charity shops?
In fact I still have VCR which cost £400 in 1997 but I haven't used it
for 2 years as the quality is no longer acceptable.

I remember when my parents bought their first VCR in 1987. I had
never seen a VCR picture before close up (saw 'em at school, but TV
was a good 20 foot away) and I was surprised at how bad the picturte
quality was. I was expecting close to broadcast quality, but I was
only 15 at the time.

Marky P.