Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Jeff L Jeff L is offline

Default Running Unix Program in Windows??

"The Real Andy" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:48:15 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I know there are shells to allow running a Windows program in Unix.

Is there like-wise a method to run a Unix-based program in Windows?

...Jim Thompson

Do like the rest of us smart ones, run a linux box and a windows box.
Dont try to cross the boundaries else you will just waste lots of
time, but i guess you are retired so this might be ok.

Anyhow, windows sucks, so does linux and MacOs is even worse so you
are ****ed in every direction.

Windows is getting much worse - take a look at vista's nastiness and revenue
generators, WGA, DRM, crappy bloated code, incompatibilities, crashes,
insane hardware requirements, obsoleted hardware, now they are preventing
valid XP licenses from being activated, etc. Office 2007 is nasty, OOXML,

Mac's os, well, what can I say, it just works and is very stable. Has some
DRM crap, but nothing like MS. The OS's are backwards compatible to older
machines, and generally makes them run faster.

Linux is actually not that bad, if only there was some more specialized
software for it (EDA, CAD, etc)

There is also:

- eComStation (OS/2), which looks interesting, and I keep meaning to try
that live CD image I downloaded. Would have some specialized software
availability problems
- React OS - an XP clone without the MS crap, under development
- RISCOS - requires a arm based computer, well made OS, and the computers
draw only a couple of watts, but not much software
- Solaris I think released an open source os
- some stuff like freeBSD, QNX, etc