Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default Productivity

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 19:42:57 -0700, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"John Larkin" wrote in message
.. .
There is a market for high-resolution, small-bore MRI systems for lab
animals, so you can feed experimental drugs and such to rats and
rabbits and see how they are doung without having to lop their little
heads off.

Some animals such as chickens really don't seem to mind having their heads
lopped off.

Granted, it is still a little messy and all.

Hmm... I thinking those MRI systems might need some high-precision pulse
generators... I wonder who might make something like that...

The biggest gradient driver I make is 100 amps, 170 volts peak. That's
enough for the smaller imagers, and my boxes have very high precision,
so some are used for imaging. They buy them 3 at a time, which is
good! The larger bore imagers, up to full-body human ones, use
switchers for the gradient drivers, hundreds of amps peak, and I don't
do those so far.

I'd rather not build anything that can break your foot if you drop it.
Our "pick and place" for the power transformer on the 100 amp driver
is an overhead electric hoist.

John