Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] robertsrules@oforder.com is offline

Default siemens washing machine not working

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 02:12:29 -0700, rich
wrote:

my Siemens 1100 Washing Machine has just stopped working. It starts
filling OK, but after the fill has stopped, nothing else happens !!
Any thoughts ?
Thanks, Rich

Advance the timer manually and see if the next cycle works. Timers
are notorious for dying. Our wash machine has a bad timer right now.
We have not had the money for a new one and the timers cost half the
price of a new machine, so we just advance it manually and it does the
laundry just fine. It's a pain in the ass, but it cleans the laundry.
I still want to see if I can get a new motor for the timer. Those
small motors seem to be the part that mainly dies. I think we have
had 4 machines with bad timers over the years. Most of them were
junky machines but the one we have now is a good machine except for
the timer. With any luck, I hope to find an identical machine that is
a junker, and still has a good timer. A local appliance store has
piles of junkers, and are glad to give them away for free because it
cost them to dispose of these junkers. They said they would call me
if they get a similar model.