Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] justalurker@gmail.com is offline

Default Septic tanks and water softener options

On Sep 6, 7:30 pm, Gary Slusser wrote:
On Sep 6, 5:18 pm, wrote:

You make the claim of no tools, not me. So show or tell us in detail
how to replace the seals and spacers in a Fleck 5600 or 2510 without
the special tools and I'll be corrected. Remember you can't get two
fingers into the hole in the valve body to be able to grip a spacer.

Gary Slusser
Quality Water Associates

I have repaired more than 10 Fleck 5600 control valves with my own
hands and without the special tools. No trick to it other than having
the necessary mechanical skill. Don't blame me because you can't do it
without the special tool.

There's no point in proving to you that I can. I know I can and you
already know that you can't.

Special tools are designed to make a difficult job easier for the
average parts swapper. Skilled technicians (in many fields) rarely use
special tools because they've made those repairs BEFORE the tools
exist. They have a higher level of skill and have mastered the task.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, use special tools or pay a
professional to do the job for them.

Your refusal to believe that I can repair a Fleck control valve
without using the special tool is amusing but perhaps, with enough
practice and significant improvement of your mechanical skill, someday
you may be able to do it also.

Grasshopper... when you can rebuild a Fleck control valve without the
special tool it will be time for you to leave.