Posted to alt.home.repair
Chelsea[_2_] Chelsea[_2_] is offline

Default Which is the neutral white 3 prong power

On Sep 6, 10:21 pm, Eric9822 wrote:
On Sep 6, 8:35 pm, Chelsea wrote:

I am replacing the power cord to our dryer. The dryer is 3 prong.
The plug states to connect the white neutral to the l shaped prong.
The wire has 1. black 1.white and 1.copper inner wire. Is the white
neutral really the white wire, or is it the copper wire?

thanks,

Are you converting a 220V 4 wire connected dryer to a 3 wire conected
dryer? If so there is more then just changung the plug involved.
There is a bonding jumper that needs to be added as well. If not I
assume it's a gas dryer with a 110V plug based on the description.
For 110V:

Black = Line Voltage
White = Neutral
Bare Copper or Green = Equipment Ground

No, I am not converting - I simply need a longer power cord - so I am
going from three to three.