Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lowes Paint Counter vs. A Real Paint Store

"frank megaweege" wrote in message
I'm lucky enough to have one of those close by. I walk in and tell
the owner what I'm trying to do and he wanders back into the dark
cluttered aisles and returns with exactly what I need along with good
explanations and advice.
Maybe his mark up is higher than Lowe's. It's not worth it to check.
Peace of mind is priceless.

I used to have one nearby. I'd go in and tell the owner I was going to get
some pipe. Then I'd go downstairs, cut and thread whatever I needed and
bring it up to the counter. He never measured, but took my measurements to
price it and off I'd go.