Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

"aemeijers" wrote in
:

"Tony" wrote in message

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

The USA has 90 firearms per 100 people, the highest ratio in the
world. Laws that are not enforced don't work, but that doesn't
stop Congress from making more laws.

Heck works well with Immigration (G&D&R). Studies show that those
areas with the most Draconian personal gun laws also have the
highest rates of gun-related violence. Of course, no one has yet
answered my questions about the other relationship, which is that
they tend to be big cities. More target-rich environments that many
areas in Utah, Colorado, etc.

I don't know all the laws in this country but it seems to me that
Cities that have laws making it illegal even to own the weapon of any
kind has most killing and largest crime and as I said I don't know
all the laws and rules but it sure don't make any sense to me

I'll dip my toe in this pointless discussion- a banned-gun island in
the middle of a non-banned area is close to meaningless. There are no
border controls around DC, Chicago, et al. All people (black-market
gun resellers, usually not end users) have to do is drive an hour, and
drive home. Most big-city violence is not done by educated people with
marketable job skills- it is done by people to whom the city (or their
local neighborhood) is their entire universe, who are incapable of
even conceiving of living elsewhere, and voting with their feet. There
are parts of this medium-size city like this- they have been
undergoing 'revitilization' for 30-40 years, with 3rd and 4th
generation residents who keep asking 'why doesn't somebody do
something?'. All the while, there are stable and safe neighborhoods
less than a mile away. But they ain't 'home'.

Standard disclaimer- yeah, I own guns. But I wish there was a way to
keep stupid or intoxicated or drugged-up people from having them
available when their anger or desperation overpowers their common
sense or fear of punishment. (A five-minute time horizon tends to lead
to doing stupid things...)

aem sends...

Japan and England are islands with strict gun control,yet they still have
gun crimes.In this day and age,there's no such thing as a gun-free zone.

BTW,police and government lose firearms a lot.
Then there's smuggling and home manufacture of guns.
Australian police caught a guy making 100's of handguns illegally and he
had already sold many on the black market.

Even a "total" civilian gun ban would not keep guns out of the hands of
criminals.

All gun control does is make it safer for the criminals.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik