Posted to alt.home.repair
xPosTech[_2_] xPosTech[_2_] is offline

Default Bathroom exhaust - constantly plugged

On 9/2/2007 11:19 AM, Cloy wrote:
I have a Broan-Nutone exhaust fan / light in the ceiling of my
bathroom. The round light cover is surrounded by an "apron" (call a
"reflector" in the manual) with fluted slots for the exhaust. (See the
fan he http://parts.broan-nutone.com/nutone...00&IID=8663NLM
)

Unfortunately, every month or two the slots plug up with dust and
lint, and then I have disassemble and disconnect everything to scrub
it out. Everything else works flawlessly -- so I hate to replace the
whole thing -- but I'm spending more of my life that I care to messing
around with a bathroom fan.

Has anyone run into something similar? Maybe a different "face" for
this unit or some other option that would make it less prone to
getting plugged up??

TIA! -CT

I had a problem similar to that. Problem disappeared when three hair
spray users moved out. One of the few benefits of a divorce.

Seriously though just how much hair spray does the SWMBO use? Is the
exhaust fan above and behind someone standing in front of the mirror?
High pressure aerosols can put most of the spray in the air instead of
on the coiffure. If so, you might *ask* her to try the same brand in a
pump.

A really good fan can try to exhaust the lacquer cloud instead of
letting it settle on everything in the room.

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

No matter how great and destructive your problems may seem
now, remember, you've probably only seen the tip of them.