Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

aemeijers wrote:

I don't know all the laws in this country but it seems to me that
Cities that have laws making it illegal even to own the weapon of
any kind has most killing and largest crime and as I said I don't know
all
the laws and rules but it sure don't make any sense to me

I'll dip my toe in this pointless discussion- a banned-gun island in
the middle of a non-banned area is close to meaningless. There are no
border controls around DC, Chicago, et al. All people (black-market
gun resellers, usually not end users) have to do is drive an hour,
and drive home. Most big-city violence is not done by educated people
with marketable job skills- it is done by people to whom the city (or
their local neighborhood) is their entire universe, who are incapable
of even conceiving of living elsewhere, and voting with their feet.

Yep. Consider a New Orleans resident who was forcibly relocated to, say,
Salt Lake City. His immediate reaction: "Damn! You means all I has to do is
stand behind dis counter and make Slurpees and I's gets PAID? ****, man,
dats cool!"

It's a revelation to the fifth-generation poor.

Since, as you say, a banned-gun island is close to meaningless, wouldn't
that argue convincingly for abandoning the banned-gun island so that the
righteous folk there would have some way of defending themselves?

As for whackos getting guns, well, you can't build a house without making
sawdust.

Goblins getting guns is the price we have to pay so the rest of us can
protect ourselves from goblins getting guns. Wait...