Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Lowes Paint Counter vs. A Real Paint Store

DerbyDad03 wrote:
The other day SWMBO says to me "I'd like those Bordeaux colored
shutters that I saw at Lowes."

I took a paint stick into a SW store, said to the guy, "I need a half-gallon
of this."

"We don't do half-gallons," he said.

"Okay," I replied, "I'll take two quarts."

"Can't do that either. Minimum is a gallon."

"So I suppose four pints is out of the question?"

I left. About a half hour later, I repeated the conversation to the regional
manager for SW who said: "I know the guy you described. Up until a couple of
minutes ago, he was in our management-trainee program. That store does cater
to builders and contractors, but he should have found some way to accomodate
you."