Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

In article , dpb wrote:

Whichever mechanism it was, it hasn't been ruled unconstitutional by the
Supreme Court which is the arbitrating authority for such questions.
One would presume in the nearly 100 years subsequent if there were much
doubt of how a ruling would come down there would have been a case filed.

I haven't been able to find any cases on that. Could be like the War
Powers Act, which hasn't been tested in court either, where my theory is
that nobody WANTS to know if it legal. One side in case it isn't and the
other side in case it is.

From a practical matter, it's unlikely the founders considered the
possibility of 300 million in population in the calculation of any size
growth and a consequent essentially unlimited growth in the size of the
House.

Yeah. I doubt that the founders would have liked a 10,000 member
House.