Posted to rec.woodworking
Nosstech Nosstech is offline

Default Using a Router to create molding/trim

On Sep 6, 10:44 am, wrote:
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 07:11:51 -0700, Nosstech
wrote:

The router bits are approx. 3 1/2 inches in hight.

Thanks.
Barry

Sounds like your taking the full cut at one go.
Move the fence closer to the bit, and take smaller cuts at a time.

Also think about a feather board system to hold the board tight to the
fence and table.

Never stand behind the outfeed side until you can control the feed
rate.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the info. I have received a ton of great tips today. Can I
buy a Feather Board at my lock home depot or lowes?