Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andreas Tekman Andreas Tekman is offline

Default Tektronix 465m - bad LV power supply?

On 27 Aug., 22:50, Jim Yanik wrote:
gabeschine wrote groups.com:

Google for BAMA and download a service manual for the scope so you
will have schematics to work from.

Thanks - got the schematics. Tested all the fuses I could find (4 of
them) and they all check out.

I hope you got the circuit descriptions,its VERY handy in learning about
how your scope's circuits work.A great aid in troubleshooting.
TEK used to write very good circuit descriptions for their instruments.Not
anymore.

Your ref to the PS - does this mean that if the PS dies, I would see
anything from the Scale Illum. feature? That's the only part of the
scope that still works when power is on.

Now I need to go and learn what everything you said means . Thanks
again

One more thing,TEK regulated power supplies often use "foldback" current
limiting;where when one supply gets overloaded,it *shuts down* that supply
instead of simply limiting it's current output.
Since that supply may be used in some of the other regulated supplies,they
ALL drop in voltage.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

The manual can be downloaded from this site:

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/tek/465m/

Circuit Descriptions should be in this file, AFAIR.

hth,
Andreas