Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Other mans junk is another...

"Stephen Howard" wrote

I recent fitted out a 'new' kitchen with almost all items sourced
secondhand or from the tip.

Our tip has a strict "no-removals" policy, so, even if you see something
useful and are prepared to pay a nominal sum, salvaging other peoples' waste
in that way is a non-starter .
I wouldn't have a problem with using s/h goods, but SWMBO would refuse on
hygiene grounds I'm sure (particularly kitchen related items).
There must be obscene amounts of waste around here at the moment (Hull -
Yorkshire) as people get flood damaged gear replaced and include anything
and everything that they've grown tired of into the bargain.

Phil