Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Light Bulbs are getting Expensive / New Tax

"Tony" wrote in message

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
In article ,
Phisherman wrote:

The USA has 90 firearms per 100 people, the highest ratio in the
world. Laws that are not enforced don't work, but that doesn't stop
Congress from making more laws.

Heck works well with Immigration (G&D&R). Studies show that those
areas with the most Draconian personal gun laws also have the highest
rates of gun-related violence. Of course, no one has yet answered my
questions about the other relationship, which is that they tend to be
big cities. More target-rich environments that many areas in Utah,
Colorado, etc.

I don't know all the laws in this country but it seems to me that Cities
that have laws making it illegal even to own the weapon of any kind
has most killing and largest crime and as I said I don't know all
the laws and rules but it sure don't make any sense to me

I'll dip my toe in this pointless discussion- a banned-gun island in the
middle of a non-banned area is close to meaningless. There are no border
controls around DC, Chicago, et al. All people (black-market gun resellers,
usually not end users) have to do is drive an hour, and drive home. Most
big-city violence is not done by educated people with marketable job skills-
it is done by people to whom the city (or their local neighborhood) is their
entire universe, who are incapable of even conceiving of living elsewhere,
and voting with their feet. There are parts of this medium-size city like
this- they have been undergoing 'revitilization' for 30-40 years, with 3rd
and 4th generation residents who keep asking 'why doesn't somebody do
something?'. All the while, there are stable and safe neighborhoods less
than a mile away. But they ain't 'home'.

Standard disclaimer- yeah, I own guns. But I wish there was a way to keep
stupid or intoxicated or drugged-up people from having them available when
their anger or desperation overpowers their common sense or fear of
punishment. (A five-minute time horizon tends to lead to doing stupid
things...)

aem sends...