Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JohnM JohnM is offline

Default Woo hoo - made an awesome test weld with the almost-completespot welder

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
After trying a couple of piece=of-cake welds, I thought I'd push the
envelope and tried it on 2 pieces of 1/8" mild steel. It had to let it
cook a while, but it was a perfect weld, as far as I can tell (peel
test). I don't think that I need to try for anything thicker 8-)

http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/weld.jpg

Bob

As another poster states, 1/8" is a pretty mighty spotweld, you're doing
very well with it.

I've got a bit ol' Miller AC welder I've been keeping for making a
spotwelder from, maybe your results will inspire me.

Whatcha usin' for tongs there?

John