Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Metal Tag Fastner

According to :
On Sep 4, 7:44 pm, Cosmopolite wrote:
Errol Groff wrote:
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 22:40:18 GMT, Cosmopolite
wrote:

Does anyone know the proper name for the rivet ( pin ) type , round head
fastners with spiral shank, that are used to attach metal plates to
equipment ? You drill a blind hole and drive them in.

[ ... ]

"drive screws" over at hanson fastners. I'll have to remember both
names...

FWIW, I've bought them under the same name from MSC. Quite
inexpensive for a box of 1000 in the sizes which I got.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564