Posted to uk.d-i-y
Aidan Karley Aidan Karley is offline

Default Low energy lamps with dimmer

In article , John Rumm wrote:
After as little as six months some
of the individual LEDs in the lamps were failing.

To the extent that the lamp was failing to deliver it's effect?
I ask as someone who is well acquainted with the effects of
peculiar "colour", and consider it just another issue. But for someone
else's decorative lighting, that's something I take pretty casually.
If I want two things to match in colour, I bring them adjacent,
or bring them adjacent to a colour standard. Under (of course) the same
lighting.
Having said that, I've almost lost a grand this month due to
colour ****-ups, which has been a warning to me. Different topic - I'll
describe in a separate message on ... "OT? Colour Specifying Furniture"

--
Aidan
Aberdeen, Scotland