Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default Behr deck stain

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 10:45:13 -0700, wrote:

I do NOT recommend using Behr deck stain. We did on our 1 year old
treated lumber deck and after 2 weeks it is still sticky. WHY isn't it
drying? We are so sorry we didn't buy Thompsons, yet Behr was the best
paint we ever used in the house. Is this stuff going to dry before
winter???

I disagree about Behr paint: it is far inferior to its price mate,
Valspar, sold by Lowe's, and I base my assessment on a bathroom we
painted last month, where we had one color in Behr that didn't cover
well in one coat. We hated the color, so we went to Lowe's to get a
color we had found in one of their brochures, and the Valspar covered
the horrible Behr's so nicely that we almost did only one coat. We
went ahead and did a second, and it is a great great product. We will
NEVER buy Behr's again.