Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default For the Electrical Contractors in the group.

gorehound wrote:

"dpb" wrote in message ...
Toller wrote:

He is looking to do some work in his free time. He has no overhead.

Well, unless he's going to do it "off the books", there's such things
as his liability insurance (he won't be doing "for pay" work w/o that,
surely?), business license(s) and whatever other fees may be
applicable in his jurisdiction, FICA and so on, ...

Of course, he can just "wing it" and hope nothing unexpected happens...

As a matter of fact I do have Insurance on myself and I would like to
start a business of my own, but at the moment I don't know how to bid a
job. ...

In that case, I would recommend you look into the kinds of information
available from the SBA, etc., on business startup basics. Another good
source in most locales are the Community Colleges and Tech Schools who
generally have both incubation centers and training courses as well.
Depending on the kind of relationship you have w/ the fella' you're
working for, there might be some mentoring available there...