Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
robo hippy robo hippy is offline

Default Ever have projects you don't like?

I remember a bowl that I turned a few years back, and I did more of a
bell shape where it flared at the top of the bowl. Looking at it after
it was done, I thought this thing will never sell, it is really butt
unly. Well, the first day on a shelf at a show, some one from a
gallery stopped in (he had purchased from me before) and it was the
first bowl he bought from me that day. Beauty is in the eye of the
beholder.
robo hippy

On Sep 4, 7:46 pm, Dave Balderstone
wrote:
In article , mac davis

wrote:
Anyone else have the "piece from hell" occurrence?

If I get into a piece and decide I hate it part way through I use it as
a practice piece.

As in: how thin *can* I turn the bowl wall before if explodes?

Boom!

Ah, that thin!

--
Help improve usenet. Kill-file Google Groups.http://improve-usenet.org/