Posted to rec.woodworking
Digger Digger is offline

Default TS-Aligner Fall 2007 Promotional Offer!

On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 19:02:02 -0400, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN"
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote:

Ed Bennett wrote:
There are better ways to promote a product.

How is it that companies like Best Buy can offer competitive pricing to Circuit
City while at the same time avoiding the ubiquitous rebates that CC offer? I
don't know how they do it but I do know that they do it all the time.

To respond to your reply to the other poster, yes, the negativity associated
with rebates is directly related to poorly administered programs. They make you
hop through the hoops... if you forget to include one little requirement you're
out of the running... there are unreasonable restrictions. "One to a
household"? What the hell difference does it matter how many households are
involved? Isn't the whole idea to sell MORE items? Or would you rather it
remain "one to a customer"?

But let's say you jump through the hoops, cross all the t's and dot all the i's.
Then they just claim they never received it. Please remail it. However, since
the original proof of purchase was in the first envelope and the company won't
accept copies, that become a joke. However, the joke's on the original company
as I no longer buy their products. They only get one chance to rape me.

You had to ask these questions? You've never tried to get a rebate yourself?
You must lead a sheltered existence. I don't know anybody who hasn't been
screwed by a rebate offer.

They invest the rebate money on the spot market and the earned
interest makes up fot the discount to you. Plus any they can avoid
paying out is gravey in their pocket.
Made it simple for myself...I don't shop Circuit City ever, rarely
Office Depot. If I have to buy I pay full price over a rebate or wait
til there is an instant rebate somewhere else.
I have always been a fan of HP equipment until they bought Compac.
Having been royaly screwed by Compac on a lap top problem they knew
about in advance now HP is off my list! (helped my attitude some when
HP lost their ass in than purchase).
The old addage screw me once good for you screw me twice bad for me!